Use these tips to save money this winter.
· Remove leaves and debris from gutters
· Make sure attic has a minimum of 12 inches of insulation
· Check crawl space for moisture or flooding
· Have HVAC or furnace professionally cleaned and serviced. Change all filters
· Place fire extinguisher on each level of home and one in garage.
· Change batteries in all smoke and carbon dioxide detectors.
· Clean out heating and air ducts.
· Reverse ceiling fans to blow warm air down. Blades should turn clockwise during winter.
· Check for drafts around suspected areas like recessed lights, doors, exhaust fans and vents.